I said “yes!” at Hicks Lake
Growing up, my family spent many weeks every summer at Hicks Lake. I know the trails like the back of my hand. So many memories of my childhood are there. Fishing, swimming, boating, hiking, bike riding – we did it all!
In August of 2003 I took my boyfriend there to share with him the beautiful lake, and trails. It was such a huge part of my childhood, I wanted him to experience it as well. We were sitting on the beach late one night, the sky was clear and all the stars were out. We watched numerous shooting stars, one after another – never before had I seen anything like it. It was magical! It was on this camping trip that he asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!
Now, 11 years later, we are sharing Hicks Lake with our children, and watching them make their own memories. They are climbing on the same rocks, and stumps that my brother and I did as children. I can only hope that they will cherish these experiences as much as I have over the years.
Written by: Jaime Bol – Submitted as a story contest entry.
Published: August 21st, 2015
Connect With Us
0 thoughts on "I said “yes!” at Hicks Lake"
- Five Spots to Ice Fish and Camp this Winter in British Columbia
- Converting a Utility Trailer into an RV to house us and the Motorcycle
- Tips to Keeping Mosquito Free
- Exploring Four of the Best RV Parks in the South Okanagan, British Columbia
- A Slice of the Mediterranean in the Heart of Vancouver Island, BC