Campgrounds with Availability August 2017
If you are looking for a campsite in August, you may still be in luck. Here are some helpful suggestions to assist in finding a campsite for one of the busiest camping months of the year.
Use the reservation system to sort the Availability List of reservable sites in the province. Also there are “first come, first serve” sites which will fill up quickly for weekends, so arrive as early as you can in the week.
Visit Parks Canada’s online reservation and view the Availability Calendar before traveling or turning up at the campground.
Recreation sites are non-reservable (first come, first serve) campsites. It is a good idea to arrive at the first come, first serve campsites as early as you can before weekends to secure your site. For information on the campgrounds visit http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/default.aspx
Many private sector campgrounds hold back a number of sites for last minute drop-ins or you can be lucky and catch a site that has been cancelled. As well, it is common to have overflow campsites those grassy or paved areas, without services, that can accommodate guests who are free spirited and just arrive.
Private campgrounds that may still have availability are listed below. For more information about private campgrounds visit http://www.travel-british-columbia.com/.
(Please note that all listings were submitted before or on July 24, 2017. Campsite availability can change quickly and property listings will be updated to the best of our ability.)
Vancouver Coast and Mountains:
- E.C. Manning Provincial Park, Manning Park – First come first serve sites available; overflow camping as well.
- SunLund by the Sea, Lund – Various camping sites available throughout August – http://www.sunlund.ca
- Country Maples RV Resort, Chemainus – Some serviced sites; lots of non-service sites – http://www.holidaytrailsresorts.com/chemainus-rv-campground/
- Mountainaire Campground and RV Park, Nanaimo -All dates available except August 4 – 6. – http://www.mountainairervpark.com
- Paradise Sea Side Resort, Parksville – Various sites available throughout August – http://www.paradisefunpark.net
- Tsa-Kwa-Luten Lodge, Quathiaski Cove – Some sites available throughout August – http://www.capemudgeresort.bc.ca
- Christina Pines Campground, Christina Lake -Sites available starting August 7 – http://www.christinapinescampground.org
- Clearwater Valley Resort & KOA Kampground, Clearwater – Full hookup, water and electric; non service and tent sites available for August – http://www.clearwatervalley.com
- Gold Mountain RV Park & Cabins, Hedley- Avg. 10 sites for every day throughout July – http://www.pinegrovecampground.net
- Oxbow RV Resort, Penticton – Serviced sites available – http://www.oxbowrvresort.com
- Postill Lake Lodge, Kelowna – Availability for almost every night in August; full for long weekend – http://www.postilllake.com
- Princeton Golf Club, Princeton – Various sites available throughout August- http://www.princetongolfclub.com
- Shuswap Falls RV Club, Enderby -Various sites available throughout August – http://www.shuswapfallsrvresort.com
- The Orchard RV Retreat, Oyama – Various sites available throughout August – http://www.theorchardrv.ca
- The Rock & River Rustic Resort, Savona – Various sites available throughout August – http://www.rockandriverretreat.com
- Viewpoint RV Park & Cottages, Salmon Arm – RV sites available – http://www.viewpointrv.ca
- Whispering Pines RV & Tent, Mara – Various sites available throughout August – www.whisperingpinesrv.com
- Wood lake RV Park & Marina, Lake Contry – Various sites available throughout August – http://www.woodlakerv.com
- City of Trail RV Oark, Trail – Various sites available throughout August – www.trailchamber.bc.ca
- Fort Steele Resort and RV Park, Fort Steele – Few RV and tent sites available – http://www.fortsteele.com
- Lemon Creek Lodge Lodge and Campground, Slocan – Various sites available throughout August – http://www.lemoncreeklodge.com
- Nakusp Municipal Campgound, Nakusp – Various sites available throughout August – http://www.nakuspcampground.com/
- Pine Springs Motel & RV Park, Salmo -Various sites available throughout August – http://www.pinesprings.ca
- Victorian Motel & RV Park, Grand Forks – No vacancy for Aug 9-12; vacancy for RV sites for the rest of August – http://www.thevictorianmotelandrvpark.com
- Bowron Lake Lodge, Quesnel – Email for availability – http://www.bowronlakelodge.com
- Cariboo Joy RV Park and Gold Panning, Wells – Various sites available throughout August – http://www.CaribooJoy.com