Campgrounds with Availability for August 2016
If you are looking for a campsite in August, you may still be in luck. Here are some helpful suggestions to assist in finding a campsite for one of the busiest camping months of the year.
Use the reservation system to sort the Availability List of reservable sites in the province. Also there are “first come, first serve” sites which will fill up quickly for weekends, so arrive as early as you can in the week.
Visit Parks Canada’s online reservation and view the Availability Calendar before traveling or turning up at the campground.
Recreation sites are non-reservable (first come, first serve) campsites. It is a good idea to arrive at the first come, first serve campsites as early as you can before weekends to secure your site. For information on the campgrounds visit http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/default.aspx
Many private sector campgrounds hold back a number of sites for last minute drop-ins or you can be lucky and catch a site that has been cancelled. As well, it is common to have overflow campsites those grassy or paved areas, without services, that can accommodate guests who are free spirited and just arrive.
Private campgrounds that may have availability are listed below. For more information about private campgrounds visit http://www.travel-british-columbia.com/.
(Please note that all listings were submitted on July 28, 2016. Campsite availability can change quickly and property listings will be updated to the best of our ability.)
Vancouver Coast and Mountains:
- Blue Lake Resort, Boston Bar – RV, tenting sites and cabins – http://www.bluelakeresort.ca
- Coquihalla Campground, Hope – Sun-Thurs; Some availability at weekends – http://www.holidaytrailsresorts.com/
- Eagle Wind RV Park, Aldergrove – Limited availability during week days – http://www.eaglewindrv.ca
- Gibsons RV park, Gibsons – Some availability – http://www.gibsonsrvresort.ca
- Langdale Heights, Gibsons – Limited availability – http://www.langdaleheights.com
- Parkcanada RV Park, Delta – RV and tenting availability – http://www.parkcanada.com
- SunLund by the Sea, Lund – Limited availability during the week – http://www.sunlund.ca
- Country Maples RV Resort, Chemainus – RV and Tenting Sites – http://www.htr.ca
- Tsa-Kwa-Luten, Quathiaski Cove – Limited dates available – http://www.capemudgeresort.bc.ca
- Cascade Cove Resort, Christina Lake – Availability for remainder of August – http://www.cascadecove.ca
- Kettle River RV Park, Rock Creek – Limited availability for a few one or two nights – http://www.kettleriverrv.com
- Kumsheen, Lytton – Limited availability for RV sites, canvas cabins and tent sites – http://www.kumsheen.com
- Pinegrove Campground, McLure – RV and Tenting sites available – http://www.pinegrovecampground.net
- Twin Lakes Golf & RV, Kaleden – Some availability after August 6 – http://www.twinlakesgolfresort.com
- Woodhaven Campground, Sorrento – Multiple Unserviced from Aug 1-Labour Day, sold out Aug 5-7. Big rigs welcome – http://www.woodhavencampground.com
- Burton Historical Park, Burton – Some availability – http://www.burtonhistoricalpark.com
- Canyon RV Park on Sinclair, Radium Hot Springs – Limited availability for single nights first 3 weeks of August. Tent sites available – http://www.canyonrv.com
- Coachman Campground, Nakusp – Limited availability 15 amp power/water & tenting sites – http://www.coachmancampground.com
- Fort Steele Resort and RV Park, Fort Steele – Tenting and some RV sites – http://www.fortsteele.com
- Grouse Mountain Campground, Yahk – Availability for remainder of August – email email@example.com
- Lemon Creek Lodge, Slocan – Availability for remainder of August – http://www.lemoncreeklodge.com
- Springbrook Resort, Skookumchuck – Availability for remainder of August – http://www.springbrookresort.com
- The Flats RV, Canal Flats – Availability for remainder of August – http://www.theflatsrv.com/
- Evergreen Fishing Resort, Loon Bay – Availability for remainder of August – http://www.evergreenfishingresort.ca
- Reynolds Resort, Canim Lake – Availability after August 14th for RV sites and cabins – http://www.reynoldsresort.com
Northern British Columbia:
- Glacier View RV Park, Smithers – Limited availability for RV sites & cabins – http://www.glacierviewrvpark.com