The Camping and RVing British Columbia Coalition is a non-profit marketing entity created to raise awareness of the wide range of camping and recreational vehicle (RV) experiences across the province of British Columbia (B.C.) The Camping and RVing BC Coalition is a marketing collective developed originally as an initiative of the Experiences BC sector based marketing program created and partnered by Destination British Columbia.
Coalition members currently include Destination British Columbia, BC Parks, BC Lodging and Campgrounds Association, Recreation Sites and Trails BC, RV Rental Association of Canada, RV Dealers Association of British Columbia, Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, BC Society of Park Operators, Parks Canada and the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC.
The Coalition’s primary objective is to facilitate visitors’ experiences by making it easy for them to search, plan, book, and enjoy their British Columbia camping or RV experience.
Key Facts about the Coalition Sector Members:
- Destination British Columbia is the crown corporation promoting tourism travel to and throughout British Columbia, under the Super, Natural British Columbia brand.
- Parks Canada operate seven national parks in British Columbia and manage 14 campgrounds.
- British Columbia’s Provincial Parks provide 340 vehicle accessible campgrounds managed by the BC Society of Park Operators.
- There are more than 1,200 backcountry Recreation Sites and Trails BC locations throughout the province managed by the provincial Recreation Sites and Trails Branch These sites commonly include campgrounds, day-use areas, boat launches and other facilities.
- British Columbia’s Lodging and Campgrounds Association represents over 300 high quality private and municipally run RV parks and campgrounds.
- The RV Rental Association of Canada’s members across British Columbia operate over 2,500 Recreational Vehicles for rent mainly from Vancouver or Calgary, the international airport hubs.
- The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association of British Columbia, also known as the RVDA of BC, is a non-profit industry association that represents the interests of those companies involved in the sale and servicing of RVs, Trailers and Motorhomes.
- The Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC stocks more than 8 million fish into approximately 900 lakes and streams every year in B.C. to support recreational fishing. Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC also provides fish culture services that support fisheries conservation and species recovery programs.
- Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association is one of five regional tourism organizations in the province of BC that work under the Super, Natural British Columbia brand, and whose mandate includes marketing the Province’s tourism products.