The Camping and RVing British Columbia Coalition is a non-profit marketing entity created to raise awareness of the wide range of camping and recreational vehicle (RV) experiences across the province of British Columbia (B.C.) The Camping and RVing BC Coalition is a marketing collective developed originally as an initiative of the Experiences BC sector based marketing program created and partnered by Destination British Columbia.
- Destination British Columbia,
- BC Parks,
- BC Society of Park Operators,
- BC Lodging and Campgrounds Association,
- Recreation Sites and Trails BC,
- Parks Canada,
- RV Dealers Association of British Columbia,
- Kootenay Rockies Tourism,
- Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association,
- Tourism Prince George,
- and the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC.
The Coalition’s primary objective is to facilitate visitors’ experiences by making it easy for them to search, plan, book, and enjoy their British Columbia camping or RV experience.
Key Facts About Coalition Members:
- Destination British Columbia is the crown corporation promoting tourism travel to and throughout British Columbia, under the Super, Natural British Columbia® brand to the world, and increasing tourism revenues by supporting industry in the development and delivery of remarkable experiences.
- Parks Canada operates seven national parks in British Columbia with camping and four sites with oTENTiks. In all there are 27 locations listed around British Columbia for the camping enthusiast to enjoy. Parks Canada protect and present nationally significant examples of Canada’s natural and cultural heritage, and foster public understanding, appreciation and enjoyment in ways that ensure the ecological and commemorative integrity of these places for present and future generations.
- BC Parks is responsible for the designation, management, and conservation of a system of ecological reserves, provincial parks, conservancies, protected areas, and recreation areas located throughout the province. BC Parks operates 10,700 vehicle accessible campsites and approximately 2,000 walk-in/backcountry sites. Most campgrounds are managed by Park Facility Operators contractors who operate campgrounds, maintain trails, parking lots, and provide services in BC Parks on behalf of the BC Government. (members of the BC Society of Park Operators).
- Recreation Sites and Trails BC exists to provide safe, quality recreation opportunities for the public by developing, maintaining and managing a network of sites and trails. There are more than 1,200 backcountry Recreation Sites and 600 Recreation Trails throughout the province that are managed by the provincial Recreation Sites and Trails Branch. Recreation Sites commonly include campgrounds, day-use areas, boat launches, restored fire lookouts and other facilities.
- The BC Lodging and Campgrounds Association is a non-profit trade organization representing over 400 privately owned and managed campgrounds, RV Parks and lodging throughout British Columbia operating over 21,000 campsites and 3,000 lodging units. The mandate of the BC Lodging and Campgrounds Association is to expand the public’s utilization of the camping, RVing and lodging sectors, promote excellence in service and to improve member businesses’ financial performance.
- The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association of British Columbia, also known as the RVDA of BC, is a non-profit industry association that represents the interests of those companies involved in the rental, sale and servicing of RVs, Trailers and Motorhomes. Members also operate over 3,000 Recreational Vehicles for rent mainly from Vancouver or Calgary, the international airport hubs.
- Campertunity is an online marketplace showcasing campsites on private land across Canada. We invite landowners to list their land with us so campers can book short-term stays. We welcome you to try these unique experiences on vast acreages, where you can connect with nature, have space to yourself and unwind and relax during your camping experience. Find your perfect campsite with Campertunity today!
- The Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC stocks more than 8 million fish into approximately 900 lakes and streams every year in BC to support recreational fishing. Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC also provides fish culture services that support fisheries conservation and species recovery programs.
- Tourism Prince George offers Destination Marketing and Visitor Services activities for the community. Tourism Prince George is the gateway to Northern BC and represents all tourism businesses and organizations in the Prince George region.
- Kootenay Rockies Tourism (KRT) is one of British Columbia’s five official Regional Destination Management Organizations (RDMO). KRT has operated since 1978 and represents over 700 tourism businesses and operators. This includes resorts, accommodation properties, wellness retreats, golf, ski, adventure, communities, retail, food & beverage, transportation, arts & culture and attractions.
- The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) provides destination development, marketing, industry and experience development, and research services. The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association ensures that innovative consumer marketing programs and initiatives are made available to support stakeholders as they promote the Thompson Okanagan Region as a world-class tourism destination.